Put Your Talent to Work at MSK
It takes more than a team of talented medical professionals to succeed in beating cancer. We need professionals with a variety of administrative, communication, financial, and other skills to help us run our operations at Memorial Sloan Kettering from the ground up, working behind the scenes to transform cancer care.
We have opportunities in Corporate Compliance, Internal Audit, Development Finance, HR, Marketing and Public Affairs, Procurement, Quality Assessment, and Research Administration. Take your career to the next level while working with other talented professionals passionate about their work.
If you’re ready to use your talents for a greater purpose, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Together, we can tackle cancer.
Help us share the good news about what’s happening at MSK. Our Communications and Marketing team is comprised of writers, editors, designers, media specialists, marketing and advertising experts, and digital content producers. Join them and put your creative skills to good use sharing our work with the world.
We also handle social media, special events, and professional and community outreach.
See their work in action:
The Corporate Compliance Department is responsible for upholding policies, laws, and regulatory and federal healthcare program rules. We achieve this through employee training and education, auditing and monitoring high-risk areas, responding to compliance complaints, and taking corrective action when necessary.
The Design and Innovation Department focuses on the design of human-centered spaces, services, communications, technologies, and strategies. From digital health and mobile apps to the clinics of the future, our team always looks to improve the patient experience.
Our Development team helps accelerate research and optimize patient care by raising funds to support the work at MSK. We are responsible for major gifts, institutional giving, fundraising events, annual giving, planned giving, and direct marketing.
Our work touches the lives of people around the world. The data and discoveries found at MSK are shared with the global oncology community. We also have more than 120 MSK-initiated clinical trials running at other institutions.
Some of our popular fundraising campaigns include:
- Cycle for Survival, a national indoor-cycling team event, raises money to find cures for rare cancers. All of the funds support rare cancer research.
- Fred’s Team athletes make their miles matter as they run and, at the same time, raise funds for the area of cancer research at MSK that means the most to them. Runners can participate on Fred’s Team in the TCS New York City Marathon, the New York City Half Marathon, the Boston Marathon, triathlons, 5Ks, and more.
Our finance team manages our annual budget, accounts payable, payroll, financial planning, accounting, grants and contracts, treasury, and more.
Our team of administrators, managers, and administrative coordinators are the backbone of our operation. We ensure that all departments are working toward the same goals, and that those goals are being met in the most efficient, effective ways possible.
The need for healthcare administrators is growing. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics is projecting a 17 percent growth through 2024, which is considered much faster than average for all jobs.
You will analyze and handle complex issues, such as facility services, budgets, staffing, building relationships with other organizations, developing policies, and much more.
Our Human Resources team cares for our people while they care for our patients. We focus on benefits, compensation, diversity and inclusion, HR information systems, learning and organizational development, legal and regulatory affairs, talent acquisition, absence management, and work-life and recognition.
Here’s a breakdown of our HR operations:
- Benefits administers medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage, as well as tax-advantaged spending accounts and retirement programs; www.mskbenefits.mskcc.org is the department’s site to engage employees and their dependents around the use of these benefits. Staff lead in-person and webinar presentations during new employee orientation and the annual open enrollment period.
- Compensation implements MSK’s compensation philosophy and programs for staff, doctors, and executives, including establishing a competitive, equitable market-based salary structure and standards for starting salaries, promotional increases, bonus awards, and other salary adjustments. We also manage job descriptions and design and implement annual merit increases and award programs.
- Diversity and Inclusion partners with all of the departments of HR to ensure that our workplace represents the market of patients we serve and the diversity of our location as a health leader in New York. We want to retain, develop, and encourage the best employees, without allowing any physical or social barriers to prevent them from bringing their best to work.
- HR Business Partners functions as internal consultants. We partner with our clients to optimize their talent and ensure that they attract, retain, and develop the best people. Our role is to act as quarterbacks for our clients, bringing them expertise from all HR specialty areas and leveraging our knowledge of the institution and HR best practices to support their strategic objectives and assist in implementation.
- HR Information Systems (HRIS) is responsible for the technology strategy, application development, data analytics, delivery, and administration of all HR systems, including HR management, compensation and benefits, recruiting, learning and development, time and labor management, and payroll interface. HRIS leverages new and emerging technologies to streamline workflow through process improvement.
- Learning and Organizational Development responds to the mission that, in order to continue providing innovative and cutting-edge care, employees need continual learning and exploration. Our Learning and Organizational Development team provides these opportunities for our employees. They offer consulting services, programs, webinars, and courses to enhance and improve organizational, departmental, and individual performance.
- HR Legal and Regulatory Affairs personnel handle a wide variety of employment law–related issues, including consulting with HR Business Partners on confidential employee relations matters; handling all employment-related litigation matters; interpreting, updating, and implementing MSK’s HR policy manual; and reviewing and drafting all HR-related contracts. We also handle immigration matters for employees, including the processing and maintenance of nonimmigrant visas and permanent residence for MSK’s foreign national employees.
- Talent Acquisition Group develops hiring strategies to support MSK’s business needs, directs recruitment, and manages the preemployment processing of new hires to ensure regulatory and institutional compliance.
- Absence Management coordinates all disability leave policies and processes for MSK employees, including those related to the Family and Medical Leave Act, short-term disability, the New York City Earned Sick Time Act, salary continuance, workers’ compensation, and long-term disability.
- Work-Life and Recognition helps employees connect with the resources they need to manage work and personal responsibilities. Our programs — including flexible work arrangements, backup child and elder care, resource and referral services, and adoption assistance — help employees manage life’s hurdles as they care for themselves and their children, parents, partners, and even pets. The department also organizes a number of recognition events throughout the year.
The Internal Audit Department’s primary function is to identify and help manage risk, be it financial risk, the risk of failing to meet legal or regulatory requirements, or other risks. Audits provide the structure and the process for assessing these risks and for identifying methods of reducing risk before a problem occurs.
The mission of MSK Procurement and Sourcing is to ensure that our teams have the supplies and resources they need to provide patient care, conduct research, and create education programs. We use technology for automation, data analysis, and predictive analytics for superior decision-making and lean methodologies for operational excellence.
Join this team and you will proactively partner with our internal customers and stakeholders to understand their operational requirements and business objectives and help them provide exceptional patient care.
“Colleagues in Development are incredibly supportive of each other. We all want to raise as much money as possible to advance cancer research at MSK, and we frequently collaborate across groups to maximize our impact.”
“All MSK employees are aligned toward a shared goal and position our patients at the center of everything we do. This unique attribute allows MSK to always focus on what is best for our patients and weave this value into all decisions we make.”
“The most rewarding experience is when you see a headline in the news about the work done at MSK. We know that our clinical staff, researchers, and administration are all working hard every day to provide patient care, run clinical trials, conduct innovative research, and so much more.”