At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
The Advanced Light Microscopy Operation of the Molecular Cytology Core Facility at MSKCC, New York is looking for a Senior Research Scientist/Senior Microscopy Specialist.
The Molecular Cytology Core Facility (MCCF) is offering a full-time position for a highly motivated imaging scientist to support researchers with image acquisition and data analysis. MCCF supports several complex microscopy setups, including a Lumicks C-Trap optical tweezers instrument, Zeiss and Leica laser scanning confocals, TIRF microscope, widefield fluorescence microscopes, AFM and IF/IHC slide scanners. We have over a hundred different users with distinct needs that range from single molecule microscopy to whole-organ imaging. The new team member will work closely with colleagues in MCCF Histology to provide advanced imaging and image analysis to the MSKCC research community, including basic scientific and clinical researchers.
- Maintenance and operation of MCCF’s high-end light microscopes
- Consulting with, training and assisting end-user researchers on optimal microscope operation
- Teaching microscopy courses to MSKCC audiences
- Providing project-based advice for preparation of biological samples, including fixation, tissue sectioning, tissue clearing and expansion microscopy
- Quantitative image analysis, data processing and co-authoring scientific manuscripts with end users
- Evaluating novel imaging and sample preparation techniques and sharing new technologies with the MSKCC research community
- PhD in Biology, Biophysics or related fields with several years of work experience in high-end light microscopy
- Experience with quantitative image analysis software such as FIJI/ImageJ and Imaris
- Strong service- and team-orientation, and excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility in working hours and ability to multi-task
• Practical experience in single-molecule quantitative microscopy and optical tweezers
• Knowledge of scripting languages associated with image analysis such as MATLAB, Python
• Familiarity with cancer biology
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and a resume with details of three references to Murray Tipping (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Kong (email@example.com).
Complete an Online Application
Extension of Job Offer
New Employee Orientation