Attention all new applicants
Beginning February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible) based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Senior UX Researcher - Hybrid
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital Informatics and Technology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
Are you a strong collaborator with the ability to build and support a thriving team? If so, we want to talk to you! We are looking for a candidate with dynamic experience in sophisticated, customer-focused designs. We want you to excel in establishing methodologies and setting tactical direction for all research-associated projects. We collaborate with Design Strategists, Architects, Product Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers, and Engineering to deliver quality and efficient research results in support of the design process.
- Lead and conduct various research for users who are health consumers, cancer patients, and caregivers, including the analysis and presentation of user data and testing results
- Analyze the trade-offs of the most appropriate research methods and decide on the best approach within given constraints
- Evaluate how a product works and the various touchpoints, and its implication in the ecosystem
- Provide support to product teams to complete competitive analysis, service flow diagrams, interviews, usability testing, and benchmarking to improve products
- Work cross-functionally across MSK’s product teams, as well as across the hospital, ensuring key relationships are developed across our clinical and business partners
- Engage with cross-functional design counterparts to understand the needs and help guide the design of research studies
- Liaison with the Lead UX Researcher to build out the best research practices and protocols while enabling growth with the rest of the team in their research
- Proven track record of UX research and contributing to successful consumer products or enterprise products
- A research portfolio demonstrating a variety of research methods in different stages of product development cycle
- Expertise in standard UX research software such as Dovetail, UserZoom, or equivalent
- Experience running sophisticated and longitudinal research studies
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support | N-Care nursing matrix career ladder
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.