Attention all new applicants
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Bioinformatics DevOps Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Do you want to play a key role in redefining the future of cancer care? Join MSK’s Center for Molecular Oncology’s (CMO) Informatics/Software Engineering team as we meet the challenge of fighting cancer in the modern era. We will define a new model of care using software. You will support the multiple CMO engineering teams in delivering continuous value, growing efficiency and productivity so that stronger data can be provided to researchers in a timelier manner.
You will help developers set up their CI/CD pipeline, automate their builds, and test and deploy code to production. You are a highly-skilled DevOps Engineer who’s constantly seeking to automate everything. You will also help establish DevSecOps practices by integrating security testing into the deployment pipeline.
What you'll do!
- Work with engineers/bioinformaticians/researchers to containerize existing applications and help build ETLs.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines as a service for various different applications.
- Deploy and configure containers; automate releases.
- Build and manage Infrastructure as Code and use configuration management tools in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Be involved in implementing new system-level tools as identified by research needs.
- Collaborate with the High Performance Computing (HPC) team to isolate issues related to the cluster and resolve requirements for the purpose of implementing development- and operation-critical tools.
Who you are!
- Deeply technical. You understand application architecture and can design, implement, and support highly available systems.
- Someone with curiosity about cancer research.
- Can debug, fix, and run Linux-based systems.
- Have solid communication skills to collaborate with and serve the various teams in the CMO, consisting of researchers, engineers, doctors, analysts, and scientists.
- Have a strong willingness to keep up on the latest and greatest technologies that emerge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or professional work experience.
- Solid understanding of Linux-based systems.
- Knowledge of Docker and/or Singularity, as well as Kubernetes, OpenShift or similar container orchestration.
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud Architecture (AWS or Azure) preferred.
- Experience with high-performance compute clusters (such as LSF or SGE) preferred.
- Proficiency in various programming languages such as Python and Java.
Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Hybrid Remote Work force
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.