Attention all new applicants
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
We are seeking an Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety to join our Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Department. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone passionate about healthcare, as well as Fire and Life Safety.
As the Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety you will:
- Directly manage fire and life safety programs to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, and MSK internal and industry standards, and requirements. Key programs include fire safety, life safety, fire suppression and protection, fire safety training, fire safety plans and regulatory inspections.
- Assess current programs to identify new performance goals, strategies, and metrics.
- Lead and manage a team of EHS Safety Advisors and develop effective implementation of EHS programs and services with other EHS staff, service departments, laboratories, healthcare, ambulatory healthcare, clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Conduct program audits, evaluations, and regulatory reviews to ensure compliance and establish efficiencies.
- Assist Director, Fire & Life Saftety with oversight of fire and life safety programs, respond to emergencies during business and non-business hours (on rotation) and provide general support to the EHS team.
- Background in fire/safety with at least 7 years experience.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- FDNY Fire & Life Safety Director Certificate of Fitness (F89).
- Proven understanding of Joint Commission performance standards, federal, state and local environmental regulations and relevant codes, including NFPA, FDNY, OSHA, IFC.
- Excellent supervisory skills are essential.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.