Attention all new applicants
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
We are seeking a Safety Advisor to join our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about healthcare as well as EHS!
- Work with site leadership to effectively implement, manage, and monitor environmental health and safety programs, policies and procedures that meet city, state, and federal regulations.
- Evaluate the organization’s procedures, facilities and equipment by leading and conducting surveillance rounds and equipment inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions.
- Conduct safety outreach for Departments and assigned areas and to affirm effective EHS programs and service implementation.
- Independently evaluate chemical, biological, fire and general safety hazards as well as hazardous material shipments and waste management practices; implement effective safe work practices in accordance with established departmental standards and advance MSK’s safety culture.
- Respond as a part of an emergency team to hazardous material spills, fire alarm activations, gas leaks, indoor air quality issues and other emergencies.
- Participate as a member of the EHS team, providing other departmental staff members with collaboration and support to further departmental mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, environmental science, industrial hygiene, or closely related field; or equivalent work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in a scientific, technical, or healthcare setting are required.
- A high service orientation with good social, written and oral communication skills to impart health and safety information to workers of differing backgrounds.
- Proven good interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with people in the widest variety of job classifications.
- Strong presentation skills are needed in order to develop and present safety trainings for groups of over 100 faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent organizational skills, capability to work independently and as a team member in a service environment and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, a plus.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.