Attention all new applicants
Beginning February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible) based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Clinical Nurse - Treatment Room/Wound Care
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Critical Care/Peds
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
Are you looking to join a nursing team that provides the highest quality wound and ostomy care to patients? Do you want to make a difference each workday?
If so, we are looking for a Clinical Nurse who has experience with wounds to join our Treatment Team. The Treatment Team Clinical Nurse provides nursing care to hospitalized oncology patients with complex wounds and ostomies, performs assessments, and develops treatment plans to optimize wound healing. You are part of an interdisciplinary team providing education, support, and continuity of care throughout the various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- Providers of conscientious, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Discover how your nursing career can grow at MSK http://careers.mskcc.org/career-areas/nursing/
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and challenges with urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Implement the nursing process for medical and surgical patients by performing comprehensive assessments, developing individualized plans of care and carrying out targeted wound care interventions to champion healing
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care
- Provide exceptional patient-centered care to our patients, which include wound, and ostomy care
- Work a schedule from 7:00 am to 7:30 pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required
- Current New York State RN License/Registration
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Clinical RN experience required. 3 years Clinical RN Preferred.
- Wound/Ostomy care experience required
- Wound and Ostomy certification required (or must be obtained with in the 1st year)
- BCLS Certification
Please Note - This opportunity is not open to New Graduate RNs.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.