Attention all new applicants
Beginning February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible) based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Interventional Mammography Technologist (MSK Commack) - sign-on bonus available
DeptAllied Health - Radiology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
MSK Commack, is a freestanding outpatient facility, located in Commack NY. This site allows us to offer the most advanced cancer care services closer to home for patients residing in New York’s Suffolk & Nassau counties.
We are seeking an Interventional Mammography Technologist to join our growing team in Commack, NY.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Able to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and/or provide guidance to other less experienced staff; may function as a lead worker and/or head project teams (advanced practitioner).
- The technologist will be expected to perform a variety of routine and more specialized imaging procedures of the breast that require independent judgment and initiative with minimal supervision. The qualified individual will also perform screening and diagnostic mammogram, General Radiography and Bone Densitometry (DEXA) exams.
- Perform all radiographic examinations accurately, completely and efficiently, checking technical quality, and submits completed exams for physician to review.
- Manage all aspects of the exam procedures to maximize exam efficiency while meeting patient needs.
- Assist physicians and performs nursing duties, as needed.
- Prepare accurate records and enters required data into information management system.
- Instruct trainees in specialty area and keeps licensing up to date.
- Maintain a neat, clean, safe environment, and performs quality control tests as assigned.
- Treat those individuals (e.g., patient/family, client, center employee) who depend on the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the work as unique individuals in a respectful, courteous manner, and focuses on understanding and meeting their needs.
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish departmental and organizational goals.
- Must be certified in New York and registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in both Radiography (R) and Mammography (M).
- Minimum of 5 years Mammography with at least 3 years Stereotactic Biopsy Experience is required.
- Experience in performing Bone Densitometry (DEXA) a plus.
- Variable shifts between 7am – 6pm, Mon - Fri
Business and operational needs may, at times, require incumbent for this position to work at various locations.
We are offering a sign-on bonus for our Mammography Technologist new hires.