Attention all new applicants
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
Clinical Research Coordinator- Spanish or Mandarin Fluency Requirements
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Clinical Research Coordinator - Immigrant Health & Cancer Disparities (Spanish or Mandarin Fluency Required)
For more than 20 years, Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities (IHCD) has worked to identify and eliminate disparities in health and cancer treatment among immigrants and minorities. Housed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center since 2011, the IHCD Service offers a wide range of programs for patients, healthcare professionals, and patient advocates. Our team uses a multidisciplinary approach to address gaps in healthcare at the local, national, and global levels. Our community-based programs provide a gateway to health education and services for immigrants and other medically underserved minorities in New York City and beyond.
The position requires fluency in Spanish or Mandarin - written and spoken.
Hours: Initial training M-F 9 am – 5 pm.
As an integral member of the research team, and in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, the Clinical Research Coordinator assists with the maintenance of participant management and data management on research/clinical studies. In this role, you will work closely with MSK and each participating institution on participant data collection, entry and analysis and ensuring data quality and integrity throughout the life of the study.
- Language requirement - Spanish or Mandarin Fluency
- A Bachelor’s degree - OR - high school diploma with 2 years medical or research experience
- A genuine interest in working in health disparities research
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, information and time management, administrative and computer skills
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Interested in medical terminology and science
- You are comfortable with or interested in working with and organizing large amounts of data
- Be responsible for data collection including utilizing appropriate methodologies to collect human subject information for a research project, database and/or protocol (clinical trial) by reviewing patient charts, existing databases, and other sources within a specified timeframe
- Interact with team members and individuals across MSK regarding data input
- Generate data reports and deliver to all necessary parties on the progress of research project, database or protocol
- Ensure that all appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations are followed throughout the research project, database or protocol, and that research protocols are approved by Institutional Review Board and all regulatory documentation is completed
- Provide clerical and administrative support, such as filing and scheduling meetings and appointments as needed
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.