LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Biosafety Specialist for our growing Environmental Health & Safety team. This is a pivotal role in an exciting area. Come join us!
Under the direction of the Biological Safety Manager, you will:
- Develop, implement, and continually evaluate the biosafety programs supporting activities involving biological agents.
- Serve as the alternate biosafety official on MSK committees, including the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Serve as a resource to the MSKCC community in support and promotion of safe work practices and regulatory compliance to federal, state, local, Joint Commission and MSKCC requirements.
- A Bachelor's degree (MS or PhD preferred) in Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Virology, or related major, with 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, candidates with 8 years of relevant experience can be considered.
- Strong background and experience in microbiology, infectious disease and molecular biology (recombinant DNA).
- Knowledge of containment standards and engineering.
- Experience in applied biosafety, animal care and use, high containment research, and laboratory or EHS experience in a higher education or medical research environment.
- The capability of working independently and as a team member to develop and implement programs with EHS staff and MSK departments.
- Ability to act decisively when responding to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and city regulations pertaining to health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Proven initiative and analytical problem-solving skills - ability to use and interpret data to drive decision making.
For more info on our Environmental Health & Safety Department, please take a look here:
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.