Director, Talent Operations - DigITs
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Leadership
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Talent Operations Director, DigITs
Looking to continue building your career at MSK? Passionate about making a difference? We have an exciting new opportunity to work with a collaborative team in DigITs!
Engagement. Change. Agility. The three priorities for this exciting role of the Talent Operations Director within MSK's Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization. Reporting to the Chief of Staff (COS) and liaising with the DigITs leadership team, as well as our Human Resources team, this position offers a rare opportunity for professional development in a fast-paced environment that is fueled by crafting the digital future of cancer education, research, care, and survivorship.
This role will take on a cross DigITs view and build structural components necessary for Talent Operations across a 1500+ member workforce. The focus areas include oversight of projects passionate about cultural change within DigITs (the hearts, minds, and behaviors), representing the DigITs organization and driving priorities within the Talent Investment Plan, curriculum development and execution, communication management internal to DigITs surrounding programs, long term and short term space planning, employee engagement, and other related engagement operations activities.
The Director will also be responsible for guiding and developing a set of resources and includes planning, assigning, advising, and reporting on work, appraising performance, and resolving issues. The role will manage the balance between people, business capabilities, and driving outcomes within work homes and ensure that the DigITs teams can thrive in a flexible and distributed work environment, using new ways of working.
- Be responsible for execution on the Talent Program activities across DigITs.
- Develop strategic plans to upskill talent at all levels and bringing meaning of the Digital Transformation to each team within DigITs.
- In conjunction with HR Business Partners, design, conduct, and coordinate programs supporting talent growth.
- Collaborate closely with the HR leadership team on DigITs wide Talent Investment Plan, including change and learning programs to drive solutions that ensure the success of the DigITs Digital Transformation program.
- Develop and execute programs to advise and support talent leaders within DigITs to cultivate the talent needed and champion concepts of human resource management.
- Streamline, develop, and manage communications plans across DigITs related to our Talent Investment Plans and Operational Matters.
- Be accountable for all employee engagement programs for new and existing DigITs staff.
- Manage operational activity by developing and coordinating messaging to the CoS team that's consistent for the rest of the organization
- Co-collaborate with the Chief of Staff to develop materials for the CoS organization on advising and providing transparency on organizational matters.
- Developing learning programs for all team members to provide a sense of home and identity as well as upskilling activities.
- A proven change agent that has experience with transformational programs.
- An outstanding communicator, adept at crafting partnerships, reaching different audiences, and working with partners to meet shared objectives and goals.
- A can-do collaborator who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and believes in a culture of cooperation.
- A critical and systems problem solver who can understand and articulate the purpose of Digital Transformation
- A curious observer who reads between the lines, connects the dots, and anticipates both opportunities and risks.
- Comfortable in working with ambiguity.
- A hardworking evangelist in MSK’s Digital Transformation.
- The ability to think globally and strategically
- A solid understanding of Change Management and Adult Learning principles and methodologies
- Strong program and project management skills
- The ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong skills in influencing without authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Able to build structures and operationalize programs into day to day practice
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.