Supervisor, Laboratory Medicine - Education Team
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We're taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
It's an exciting time for our Laboratory Medicine Department as many of our teams have recently moved into our new state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street. Our new Laboratory Medicine Building maximizes operational efficiency, allowing our Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results more quickly and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
The Education team is currently seeking an experienced Education Laboratory Supervisor.
- Supervises education department needs, prioritizing workflow and assist department staff to meet the needs of students while ensuring efficiency, safety and quality operations for the department of laboratory medicine.
- Supervises activities of students in assigned areas and department programs. Reviews performance of trainees with trainers. Provide guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Monitors daily/weekly activities of trainees, ensuring program requirements are being completed accurately, thoroughly and within specified time frames.
- Provides direction, assistance, and supervision for students and staff trainees.
- Performs audits reviewing work completed by subordinates to ensure accuracy. Implements quality assurance and improvement programs when identified. Report results to manager to assist with quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides technical support in all aspects of academic program requirements. Maintains department resource page.
- Completes all required documentation and produces necessary reports to ensure that information is accurate and meets laboratory and academic institution guidelines.
- Ensure availability of appropriate supplies to carry out trainee’s clinical program objectives.
- Supervises student’s safety in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree clinical laboratory sciences required
- 4-7 years of relevant experience required
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- ASCP required
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.