Clinical Data Specialist I, Diagnostic Radiology
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Data Specialist will support the Diagnostic Radiology team by:
- Analyzing medical records, specifically, all radiology and sub-specialties in breast imaging and breast interventional; extracting clinical, pathological, therapeutic, and epidemiologic data in accordance with established ICD-10-CM coding principles and guidelines
- Ensuring data is optimally coded for research purposes, financial reimbursement, planning, statistics, and regulatory reporting
- Communicating directly with physicians to ensure that clinical documentation is coded timely, accurately and in compliance with CMS guidelines and national coding initiatives
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Capable at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- At least 2 years of coding experience preferred, and preferred experience in radiology
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- CPC Certification
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 CM coding, anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Strong analytical skills in identifying and assigning ICD-10 CM coding per established guidelines required
- This position will have the option to telecommute 4 days a week after the first 6 months of work
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.