Supervisor, Nursing Support Services
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you looking to take the next steps in your career at MSK? Passionate about organization, the small details and keeping the team on track? Then, this opportunity might be an excellent fit for you! We look forward to reviewing your resume and experiences in hopes to join our team.
We are looking for our next outstanding Supervisor, who will function as a member of the perioperative administrative team. This person will oversee the Patient Escort Services Aides in the Nursing Support Services Department. If this is something you could be interested, we encourage you to apply!
- Committed to high standards of efficiency
- Motivated to provide outstanding customer service
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with interpersonal goals
- Direct and supervise activities of staff in assigned area. Hire, orient, train, and evaluate the performance of staff. Provide guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Oversee area operations and prioritize workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Ensure availability of appropriate equipment to carry out department’s responsibilities.
- Complete all required documentation and produces necessary reports.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- Associates Degree is preferred; experience in lieu of the degree is required
- Excellent judgment; ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge or experience with TeleTracking preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Conflict resolution skills
- Every weekend - 10 hour shifts 10am - 6pm. Rotating week day schedule from 10am - 6pm.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.