HPC - Linux Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Engineering
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you have a background in High Performance Computing and want to help enable and advance groundbreaking computational research in the frontline of the fight to cure cancer? We are seeking a HPC Systems Engineer to join our Advanced Computing team! As a Technical Leader you will engage and support the academic and research scientists in research projects potentially involving multiple external organizations. Our group is committed to building collaborative environments in which the best software engineering practices are valued, and to sharing and applying cross-disciplinary computational techniques in new and emerging areas. In this position, you will contribute an integral member of a multifaceted research team and will work with world-renounced scientists passionate about groundbreaking experimental cancer research and new ways to advance the understanding and eradication of cancer.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively as part of a team of HPC engineers to support various clinical and research operations at MSK.
- Design, implement, and maintain large scale Linux based High performance compute clusters, including parallel file systems such as GPFS, scheduling software such as LSF.
- Manage availability of network, storage, computing, and software across multiple computing and storage systems.
- Perform day-to-day operations which include; supporting end-users with issues using the cluster, optimizing batch job submissions, getting a full understanding of workflows and pipelines and finding how best to optimize resources.
- Monitor data pipelines and networking workflows and perform application maintenance and oversee user access to data.
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science / Information Technology track or equivalent work experience in an HCP/Linux environment.
- Worked in a scientific setting, specifically within or peripheral to bioinformatics, health informatics, high performance computing and/or research computing. Working with genomics is a plus as is any experience on any other big-data platforms.
- Experience working within a Linux environment is a must.
- Knowledge of software and tools used in HPC environments is a plus.
- Truly enthusiastic for collaborating with software and system engineers, informaticists, physicians, and scientists.
- Can work independently and learn systems beyond area of comfort knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse user base having varied levels of technical proficiencies.
- Ability to make strategic and thoughtful recommendations to positively impact projects.
- Outstanding creative, oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, work/life balance and personal well-being to be and feel your best.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.