Pulmonary Function Technologist III
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Respiratory Therapy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Pulmonary Function Technologist for our state-of-the-art cancer treatment center in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care. This facility offers the highest standards of comprehensive cancer care delivered by MSK oncologists, in an environment designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families. Joining an established team, you will perform a variety of pulmonary tests on an average of six patients per day!
• Motivated to provide outstanding customer service.
• Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Able to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and/or provide mentorship to other less experienced staff.
• Perform Pulmonary Function Tests, Sputum Induction and Arterial Puncture accurately, completely, and efficiently as per Department Guidelines and approved protocols.
• Review test results and determine the need for additional tests as per the approved protocol.
• Monitor patient flow and schedules urgent requests with minimal direction.
• Maintain accurate records and logs and advises the Supervisor and/or medical staff as indicated.
• May perform special studies as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry, Physiology or Respiratory Therapy) with 4+ years of proven experience required. Master of Science in Exercise Physiology preferred.
• Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (CPFT) required; Registered Pulmonary Function Technician (RPFT) preferred.
• Experience in bronchial provocation and exercise testing required; experience with Morgan plethysmography and MedGraphics exercise systems preferred.
Monday – Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm or 8:45am-4:45pm.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility.
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.