Business Systems Analyst
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Analytics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
What is ePrescribe?
ePrescribe allows clinicians to submit prescriptions electronically (completely paperless) to patients preferred pharmacies.
- Improves patient safety with automatic drug interaction checking, dosage checks, adverse reaction checks, and duplicate therapy checks
- Reduces pharmacy phone calls
- Simplifies the prescription renewal process
- Provides formulary status on medications
Health Informatics @ MSK
Within the broader Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization, the division of Health Informatics manages clinician and patient-facing health information technology, including the institutional electronic health record, ancillary clinical systems, and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange, knowledge management, and patient engagement.
Beyond working with the technology itself, we aim to understand the people who use it and the processes affected by its implementation. We empower our clinicians and patients with tools that support the best outcomes, and we support our researchers in their efforts to forge new territory in precision oncology. We evaluate our interventions to prove that the work we are doing is impactful, and we weigh costs and benefits to measure value and prioritize future initiatives.
- Manage and provide technical knowledge in the development, implementation, configuration, analysis, maintenance, and user support of one or more of MSK’s key clinical systems.
- Interpret and evaluate user needs, gather and analyze relevant data and develop these into appropriately detailed system workflows or new application requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with end-users to understand requirements
- Configure application setup to optimize end-user workflow and system capabilities
- Coordinate, organize and manage development, maintenance, testing and support of system configuration and documentation
- Conduct system functionality testing for new enhancements and fixes to ensure readiness for enterprise deployment
- Monitor systems to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Create and maintain documentation for workflow, operating procedures and system administration
- Conduct training for physicians, nursing, clinical, administrative and support staff
- An individual with strong analytical aptitude and a desire to continually learn and innovate.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer and supporting the work for those who provide their care.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; 2+ years working in a complex healthcare environment
- Experience collaborating on projects
- Knowledge of systems analysis, application implementations, and workflow processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.