LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Laboratory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you looking for a change? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Research Assistant you will assist in performing research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science based projects. You will independently craft, plan, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. You will maintain a high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and implement a quality assurance plan, as well as participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail.
- Eager to seek new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Conduct a wide variety of experimental tests for Investigators’ by developing new research methods or improving existing ones as needed.
- Ensure laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies for research experiments are prepared for testing.
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA).
- Respond to and produces reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study as requested by the laboratory head and members of the research team.
- Responsible for scheduling staff and ensuring timeliness of work; may contribute to the performance appraisal process.
- Develops proficiency testing and preparation of reports by following outlined technical procedures and supervises inventory using quality-control mechanisms and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or 5-7 years of work experience in a Biological Laboratory Environment.
- Masters Degree in Sciences or 3-5 years of shown experience.
- We are eager to find candidates with an appetite for knowledge and who are interested in pursuing a career in research.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you are able to impact the community, and maintain a work/life balance to be and feel your best. We want to ensure we show you how much your work matters to us.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.