Emergency Management Training & Exercise Lead
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Emergency Management Training & Exercise Lead to join our Emergency Management and Business Continuity Team.
This is a phenomenal lead opportunity for someone passionate about emergency management and healthcare. Come join us!
- Lead our enterprise-wide training and exercise program to evaluate the organization's state of readiness and efficacy of emergency response plans and recovery procedures and support emergency planning and response operations.
- Design, develop and conduct emergency preparedness training to ensure functional knowledge of response and recovery education relative to staff roles and incident-specific events for the Hospital and ambulatory, research, and business sites
- Review, develop, maintain, and deliver education throughout the enterprise for organizational leadership, administration, and staff to ensure knowledge of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS).
- The program will glean guidance from a range of sources. Including the Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA), Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) processes, After-Action Report Improvement Plans support from MSK's leadership priorities for emergency preparedness and compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards for emergency planning and training and exercise requirements.
- At least three years of experience in developing and implementing training and exercise programs in emergency management services, combined with strong and effective communication, project management, facilitation, team building, collaborative planning and engagement skills, and Command Center operational and leadership experience.
- The familiarity of the various Federal, New York / New Jersey, and local healthcare emergency preparedness compliance and accreditation standards.
- Additional knowledge of healthcare emergency management standard methodologies will be extremely beneficial.
Required certifications (can be obtained within 6 months):
- Completion of relevant emergency management courses such as the DHS/FEMA Professional Development Series, Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Series or equivalent
- Experience in exercise development and evaluation structured programs such as the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program
- Completion of ICS or ICS HC 100, 200, Continuity of Operations and Business Continuity planning courses
Preferred certifications (nice to have):
- Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional
- FEMA Master Exercise Practitioner
- Business Continuity Certification from a recognized certification or accredited agency
- Monday-Friday, occasional weekend work (flexibility as needed)
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.