Design Systems Lead
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - User Experience/Product Design
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Within MSK’s Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) division, we’re excited to recruit a passionate, pragmatic design leader to advance our transformation and help define the creative direction, development, and evolution of our first multi-channel, cross-platform Design System.
As Lead Product Designer of Design Systems, you will bring a combination of systems-oriented and human-centered design skills to shape the future of MSK’s ever-evolving network of guidelines, reusable code, and repeatable design assets. Your work will bring to bear multiple communities of practice across the organization – including design, strategy, marketing, development, and business leaders – to achieve a successful integration of a new, scaled Design System. You and your team will host workshops, aggregate principles, survey user needs, audit existing products, refine a visual language, reconcile interaction models, and drive the on-going participation and adherence of your team’s work.
This position is a part of MSK's reactivation phase – on site availability on Wed/Thurs is strongly preferred, and for critical product milestones will be required.
• Provide strategic impact to the institution by elevating user experiences, and delivering uniform, on-brand experiences at scale, over time
• Communicate the value of design to diverse audiences, pulling in partners when needed to critically frame and scope design problems
• Audit the needs of our diverse product portfolio and define a product plan that unities each platform with a single identity
• Systematically convert design principles into an evolved visual language, and a refined suite of repeatable components, which can be quickly and easily adopted by the wider organization
• Apply a broad range of techniques, including sketching, prototyping, interaction modeling, journey mapping, and user testing to explore, convey, and validate opportunities and solutions
• Relentlessly evangelize best practices and proven paradigms with in the interactive space, and define usage guidelines accordingly
• Illustrate how uniform motion and data visualization enhances user experiences and empowers and delights end-users
• Create an action plan for achieving system-wide ADA and WCAG compliance
• Work within the scaled agile framework to manage the input and output of the Design System, build out quarterly roadmaps, and balance team capacity with growing product needs
• 10+ years of experience building and implementing sustainable digital products that users love – with at least 4+ years leading large scale Design System implementation
• An online portfolio that demonstrates your work and process in building out Design Systems
• A mastery of UX and UI design fundamentals across digital platforms and a deep understanding of the importance of applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to inform and validate decisions
• Acute understanding that everything counts, including operational rigor, relationship management, workflow excellence, and attention to detail
• Experience connecting teams that come from both creative and technical backgrounds
• Experience working in a scaled agile/scrum process
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability |
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.