Research Project Associate
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. We are seeking a Research Project Associate to join the Thoracic Oncology Service within the Department of Medicine. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the Department of Medicine to create a comprehensive database. If you are an organized clinical research professional with strong communication and data management skills, apply today!
- Screen clinic lists and identify new patients and those of research interest at all sites for the Thoracic Oncology Service. Screening will include identifying patients to approach for consent to non-therapeutic protocols and/or identifying those that will be approached for specimens.
- Communicate with clinic teams to consider approaching patients for consent and posting checkouts. For Manhattan clinics, responsibilities will include prepping consent packets, engaging with patients, and consenting/registering patients.
- Maintain database(s) of biospecimen samples and inventory.
- Perform abstraction of data from patient/human subject charts (e.g., laboratory or diagnostic test results, treatments delivered, medical history, etc.).
- For each new research project, notify all relevant teams of study purpose and type and frequency of specimen collections. For studies that require serial collections, ensure that patients are notified and have agreed to the serial collections. For each Regional Care Network site, ensure the specimen of interest can be collected, stored properly, and be transported to Main Campus in the viability window.
- Coordinate tissue collection in conjunction with pathology (i.e. identification of tissue from path reports, submitting iLab requests, and organizing/distributing to appropriate entity).
• Design and/or enhance databases, data forms and tools (e.g. patient/human subject calendars, schedules, tracking logs) to facilitate patient consent and specimen collection as needed for assigned research projects.
- Make Manager aware of pertinent research study information; this includes but is not limited to study progress updates, any problems with patient/human subject registration or informed consent process, and requests from investigators or research nurses.
• Communicate with PI and Manager when issues or questions arise regarding applicable research projects, database, and/or protocols. Meet regularly with PI and Manager to review study and data progress.
• As applicable, collaborate with the research team to ensure that patients/human subjects are treated in accordance with all mandated Human Subjects Protection regulations and policies.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. #LIPO
This position requires on-site clinic support at the David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care - 530 E 74th St, New York, NY 10021
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.