Senior Solutions Architect
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Enterprise Architecture
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Passionate about architecture and love building out technical roadmaps? Look no further, join us in developing our platform strategy!
MSK is excited to expand its digital and technology competencies. The enterprise is undertaking a multi-year initiative to maintain and expand our leading position in conquering cancer. Our goal is to transform the cancer care industry, in research, in clinical care and in prevention. This strategy is critically dependent on expanding our digital capabilities and ability to drive operating model changes and extend our offerings via platform businesses.
While we've been investing in technology, digital and informatics capabilities to be competitive in today's environment, there is a need to rapidly accelerate the journey and amplify our impact in a digitally enabled future through differentiating and integrated cancer capabilities. By driving digitally enabled transformation in engaging patients and by enabling clinicians, researchers, and administrative staff to collaborate across clinical facilities, research laboratories, and administrative offices we will build better outcomes for everyone at risk of having cancer negatively impact their lives.
As an experienced Senior Solutions Architect, you will work with diverse teams, vendors, peers and leadership helping to create next-generation solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your knowledge of agile requirements, analysis, solution design practices, modern development processes & tools, and effective testing strategies will help your team meet the standards to satisfy business requirements. Expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to provide insight with regards to architecture, gain alignment and push for solutions alignment.
- Provide insights in building blueprints and roadmaps for platform that simplify and standardize core systems
- Build messaging and cloud-native application architectures for their platform
- Manage out non-compliant applications and infrastructure over time to reduce costs
- Simplification and rationalization of core systems
- Aid in prioritizing competing investment and transformation opportunities in a rolling 3-year strategic roadmap, holistically integrating new and existing components and capabilities
- Drive cohesion in business and technology decisions on a day-to-day basiss
- Help implement a modern and mature architecture practice into everything we do
- Drive forward-thinking technical decisions and investments aligned with business priorities
- Application modernization and rationalization across their platform
- Track industry trends and new technologies to serve architectural needs
- Embrace leading-edge technologies and methodologies that will inspire teams to follow suit to deliver powerful solutions for the business
- Introduce new/emerging technology for the platform architecture
- Provide technical direction to both architecture and development teams
- 10+ years working as an architect in a fast-paced IT environment - performing systems planning, architecture design, engineering and optimization
- Deep hands on experience with web & mobile applications; including development of backend legacy systems
- In depth understanding of API based integration architectures, microservices, domain driven design, event storming, programming paradigms i.e. vue, react, node.js, and CMS a strong plus (SiteCore)
- Broader knowledge of architecture patterns and technology delivery – UX, dev, QA, and production management
- Knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Security and On-Prem architecture
- Familiarity with TOGAF or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) / agile methodologies
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.