Clinical Trials Nurse – GI Oncology Outpatient setting, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Clinical Trials/Research
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Act as an integral member of the clinical research team by administering direct nursing care to research study participants.
• Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional, and external agencies.
• Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
• Perform patient assessment, offer patient education and patient/family support
• Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of GI Oncology treatment on protocol and follow-up.
• Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to teaching or reinforcing the principles of Clinical Trials Nursing practiced at MSKCC.
• NYS RN license
• Three years of clinical nursing experience
• Oncology nursing experience preferred
• Clinical research nursing experience preferred but not necessary
• Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
Hours: Full time, 10 hour days flexed Monday - Friday
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.