Attention all new applicants
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients. Read more
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
When joining us as an Office Coordinator, one will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays a significant role in the fight against cancer. Join us in making a difference in the lives of others. This is a life’s calling!
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how to best reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Use strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical team.
- Ensure patients are assisted in a timely and friendly manner by functioning as the primary contact for the practice and actively scheduling patients’ tests, appointments, and procedures.
- Update and maintain the electronic medical records (EMR), coordinate with clinical staff, and submit information to payers for pre-certification approvals.
- A high school diploma/GED plus two years of relevant experience, Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative role strongly preferred. Experience working with patients is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong digital literacy
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations
- Ability to provide at least a 2-year commitment#LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.