Collector, Patient Accounts
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Finance
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you consider yourself to be a skilled problem solver? The Patient Accounts Department at MSK is seeking a Collector to review, analyze, and follow-up on insurance balances on assigned accounts. In this role, you will use various methods, including insurance web sites, phone calls, collection letters, and MSK's financial assistance program, to resolve balances on our patient's accounts.
- Knowledgeable of third-party billing and follow-up procedures
- Have the ability to organize, analyze and effectively resolve accounts within established timeframes
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle difficult interactions
- Excellent time management and punctuality
- Flexible to work independently or in a collaborative environment
- Analyze accounts on receivable report and take appropriate action with insurance according to departmental procedures
- Review insurance payment, enter any payment-related allowances and transfer whatever is patient responsibility
- Ensure timely billing by contacting insurance companies
- Resolve outstanding insurance balances by using various collection techniques to follow up with guarantors and third-party carriers
- 2-4 years of related work experience in healthcare or a finance related field
- Previous account collections experience preferred
- Systems knowledge of RMS/RAM/IDX a plus
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.