LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Product Design
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Within Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) department, we’re excited to recruit a passionate, pragmatic design leader to advance our transformation and help define the creative direction, development, and evolution of MSK. We currently have two platforms that we're hiring for; one platform is B2B and one platform is B2C.
As a Product Designer you will bring a background in designing creative, human-centered experiences which you will apply to shape the future of MSK’s digital products. You’ll work with stakeholders across the institution throughout the entire design process, all the way from defining design principles to building a repeatable design system. You will collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure that MSK’s products are beautiful and easy to use for our patients.
This position is apart of MSK's reactivation phase and requires on site availability Wed/Thurs.
- Provide strategic impact to the institution, elevate user experiences, and deliver uniform, on-brand experiences at scale, over time
- Communicate the value of design to diverse audiences, pulling partners into the design process when needed to critically frame and scope design problems
- Lead interdisciplinary workshops to mine for insights, expand ideas, establish alignment, and convert outcomes into action plans
- Systematically convert design principles into an evolved visual language, and a refined suite of repeatable components, which will enable the wider organization to learn fast and adopt easily
- Apply a broad range of techniques, including sketching, prototyping, interaction modeling, journey mapping, and user testing to explore, convey, and validate opportunities and solutions
- Create an action plan for achieving system-wide ADA and WCAG compliance
- Illustrate how uniform motion and data visualization libraries enhance the user experience and work collaboratively across disciplines to build repeatable patterns that empower and delight end-users
- Collaborate with the design team to build out quarterly roadmaps, balancing team capacity with product needs
- Advocate for hiring and staffing needs, and helping the team to grow by sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding new team members
- An inspiring systems thinker, with strong attention to visual detail, and the ability to see how a design will scale across devices, platforms, and channels
- A strong collaborator who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and who helps to support a growing team by demonstrating best practices and building a culture of cooperation
- A master of design fundamentals across digital platforms, and a deep understanding of the importance of applying qualitative and quantitative techniques to inform and validate concepts
- Experienced working in a scaled agile/scrum design and development process, and able to connect with teams from both creative and technical backgrounds
- 4-6 years of experience building and implementing user interfaces for digital products that users love
- Expertise in standard product design software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision or equivalent is a must.
- Put users first at the center of your design methodology and advocate for design thinking
- Deep understanding of the importance of applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to inform and validate decisions
- Acute understanding that everything counts, including operational rigor, relationship management, workflow excellence, and attention to detail
- Ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork and cooperation
- Experience collaborating closely with teams that come from both creative, business and technical backgrounds
- Experience working in a scaled agile/scrum process
- Working with complex, large-scale systems is a plus
- Experience working in health tech is a plus
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.