Clinical Nurse - Medical Oncology/Infusion, Ralph Lauren Center (Harlem)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model caring for Medical Oncology patients.
- Manage a select caseload of patients receiving chemotherapy/biotherapy/supportive care on an outpatient basis.
- Administer chemotherapy/biotherapy/supportive care, perform patient assessment, provide symptom management and patient and family education.
- Provide clinical support to staff members, and assist with the management of a caseload of patients.
- Perform patient assessment, symptom management, telephone triage, and offer patient/family education.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of related medical/surgical experience required
- 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience highly preferred
- Experience working with Medical Oncology and Infusion patients strongly preferred
- Ambulatory care experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) a bonus, but not required
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.