Financial Analytics Developer - Cognos
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Experience with IBM Cognos Analytics reporting and financial management?
The Financial Analytics and Reporting team at MSK is responsible for developing and providing all financial and management reports to the senior management and supporting finance administration. As our Financial Analytics Specialist reporting to Manager of Financial Analytics, you will lead our efforts to standardize and enhance our platform to support MSK’s financial and operational initiatives using Cognos Analytics. Do you want to be part of a team that values your contributions and encourages you to grow? You will manage the full development life cycle of complex projects requiring data integration to other systems including analysis, design, programming, implementation and support. You will influence, shape and innovate solutions to exponentially reduce the time-to-insight for finance management.
What you’ll do:
- Enhance and develop Cognos reports including leading planning, analysis, design, programming, testing, and deployment of financial analytics, reporting and dashboard solutions for financial officers and other administrative support personnel.
- Be the subject matter expert for our financial reporting on Cognos platform.
- Provide internal consulting regarding business analytics, reporting and dashboard design and/or selection and implementation coordination and addressing multiple system and data integration issues.
- Collaborate with business owners to client informational needs, gather and analyze meaningful data and develop these into appropriately detailed data flow charts, processing logic and requirements.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and improvements to existing applications.
- Work with multi-functional teams to design and implement business requirements.
- Develop detailed system and application specifications, including data conversion, interfaces, and custom reporting to ensure business requirements are met.
- Utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements and functional specifications.
- Configure application setup to optimize end-user workflow and system capabilities.
- Identify, understand and communicate configuration options within core system processes to end users to facilitate full system capability utilization.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Engage and establish relationships with cross-functional teams and partners.
- Have experience with managing projects across Finance teams such as Financial Planning, General Accounting, Payroll, Financial Risk Assessment and Treasury and across system development lifecycles.
- Able to influence processes within our teams to make them more efficient.
- Review, prioritize and track progress of issues that affect the project deliverables.
- Assist project team members and monitor progress for assigned projects to assure deadline, standards, and cost target are met.
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with enterprise standards including integration of related projects and adjustments to project scope.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of Information Systems experience, including business analytics, dashboard and reporting platforms using IBM Cognos and Tableau.
- Minimum two (2) years report development or SQL writing or programming experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, technical discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams and communicate well.
- Healthcare industry experience is a strong plus but not required
- Ability to perform business analysis
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and running multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.