Senior Ontologist/Knowledge Management Analyst
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Passionate about supporting clinicians and researchers in their efforts to provide the best care for cancer patients and conduct research to conquer cancer
- A strong believer in reproducible interoperable data that enables the generation of evidence and supports decision making
- Eager to be a part of the team of close collaborators who are passionate about their work and challenge the status quo
- Excited to contribute to national and international oncology data standards, work with like-minded collaborators across the world and report your achievements in the top informatics conferences and journals
- Support day-to-day development and maintenance of clinical terminologies enabling MSK data standardization and interoperability
- Work directly with domain specialists, clinicians, and researchers on standardization of MSK data
- Develop knowledge and data models, as well as contribute to tools and pipelines that support MSK terminology and knowledge management services
- Develop comprehensive documentation and content versioning
- 2-5+ years proven track record developing and maintaining clinical terminology services and standardizing clinical content in healthcare
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and integrating clinical data into a standard platform (i2b2, OMOP)
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with terminologies, semantic web standards, and oncology data, development and authoring
- Bachelor's degree in Health Informatics, related field, or equivalent experience
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.