Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety to join our Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Department. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone passionate about healthcare, as well as Fire and Life Safety.
As the Associate Director, Fire & Life Safety you will:
- Directly manage fire and life safety programs to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, and MSK internal and industry standards, and requirements.
- Responsible for the management of key programs, including: fire safety, life safety, fire suppression and protection, fire safety training, fire safety plans and regulatory inspections.
- Assess current programs to identify new performance goals, strategies, and metrics.
- Develop effective implementation of EHS programs and services with other EHS staff, service departments, laboratories, healthcare, ambulatory healthcare, clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Conduct program audits, evaluations and regulatory reviews to ensure compliance and establish efficiencies.
- Assist EHS Director with oversight of fire and life safety programs, respond to emergencies during business and non-business hours (on rotation) and provide general support to the EHS team.
- Background in fire/safety with 11 years experience.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- FDNY Fire & Life Safety Director Certificate of Fitness (F89).
- Proven understanding of Joint Commission performance standards, federal, state and local environmental regulations and relevant codes, including NFPA, FDNY, OSHA, IFC.
- Excellent supervisory skills are essential.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.