RN Inpatient Case Manager, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Case Management
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about using your Case Management experience to support Oncology Patients?
- Providers of conscientious, evidence-based Case Management interventions to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing environment
- RN Case Management Role at MSK
- Willing to take action and adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion
- A good decision-maker, successful at making timely decisions that maintain excellent standards of patient care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care solutions
- Passionate about continued professional development related to oncology nursing, case management, and utilization management
- Provide case management for a caseload of Oncology patients
- Assess discharge planning needs at the patient’s admission
- Perform regular concurrent review on all patients and coordinate all needed services including home care to facilitate the safe and timely transition to the next level of care and to follow selected patients in the outpatient setting
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and followup
- Connect with physicians and clinical nursing staff regarding ongoing patient care
- Work with insurance carriers and MSKCC billing departments to initiate appeals and acquire authorizations for treatment
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration and BSN preferred
- 2-3 years of clinical hospital nursing experience
- Managed care/UR/CM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and communication skills essential
- Strong decision-making and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern health insurance coverage
- Knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer
Hours: Flexible: Five Days x 8 hours transition to Four Days x 10 hours.May require remote work.
Please Note - This opportunity is not open to New Graduate RNs.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.