LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Research Assistant you will assist in performing research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science based projects. You will independently design, plan, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. The Senior Research Assistant will maintain a high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and implement a quality assurance plan, as well as participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Conducts a wide variety of experimental tests for Investigators’ by developing new research methods or improving existing ones as needed.
- Ensures laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies for research experiments are prepared for testing
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA); basic biology or other specialized science techniques depending on the lab.
- Responds to and produces reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study as requested by the laboratory head and members of the research team
- Responsible for scheduling staff and ensuring timeliness of work; may contribute to the performance appraisal process; may direct technician/clinical staff in the conduct of lab experimentation including operation of lab equipment
- Develops proficiency testing and preparation of reports by following outlined technical procedures and monitors inventory using quality-control mechanisms and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 5-7 years of work experience in a Biological Laboratory Environment or Master's degree in Sciences with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.