Fire Protection Manager
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Fire Protection Manager to join our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about healthcare as well as Fire and Life Safety.
As the Fire Protection Manager, you will:
- Serve as the technical specialist and program team leader for all issues related to the MSK Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems.
- Responsible for oversight, and compliance with regulations associated with the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (ITM) Program across multiple MSK locations.
- Develop and implement contracts, policies, procedures and training programs to meet these needs.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of fire protection specialists and contractors performing ITM on all MSK fire alarm and suppression systems, including the assessment of current programs to identify new performance goals, strategies, and metrics.
- Work closely with other EHS staff, Security, Plant Operations and Departmental staff in the implementation of EHS programs related to this position.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Background in fire/safety with 7 years experience performing fire and safety inspections.
- Experience managing fire suppression systems (e.g. sprinkler, dry, pre-action) and fire alarm systems (e.g. Edwards, Simplex) is essential.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- FDNY Issued F – 89 (Fire and Life Safety Director Class B) Certificate of Fitness w/in 6 Months of hire.
- NYC S-12/S - 13 (Citywide sprinkler/standpipe) within 3 months of hire.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.