Pharmacy Technician - Floater
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about playing a meaningful role in the fight to conquer cancer? Does the opportunity to work alongside clinicians who are internally and externally recognized as leaders in multiple fields interest you?
The mission of the Division of Pharmacy Services parallels the ultimate purpose of the health center: "Leadership in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of cancer and associated diseases through quality, vision, and cost-effectiveness in patient care, outreach programs, research, and education." As a support service of the hospital, our primary existence and function are based on a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care in all phases of development (geriatric, adult, and pediatric), with dedication and concern.
The professional staff, as well as the technical/support staff, performs with the highest regard for the patients they serve by continually considering cost-containment once therapeutic efficiency and safety are established.
The Pharmacy Department at MSK utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We deliver comprehensive, clinical, and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are currently seeking a Floater Pharmacy Technician for our Main Campus location.
- Someone who readily seek challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Able to handle and manage crises efficiently.
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Able to follow through on commitments and act with a clear sense of ownership.
- Inventive and make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Perform Inventory management (ordering, receiving, stocking).
- Complete annual proficiency assessments.
- Triage phone calls with courtesy and promptness and refer to a pharmacist when applicable.
- Maintain pharmacy files and records.
- Show strength with appropriate pharmacy equipment, systems, and technology.
- Assist with pharmacy inspections.
- Implement State and Federal regulations and Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED with 2+ years of clinic/hospital experience preferred.
- PTCB or NHA Technician Certification (CPhT) required.
- Omnicell experience is helpful.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.