Research Project Associate- U54 CCNY-MSK Partnership for Cancer Research
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research Project Associate - U54 CCNY-MSK Partnership for Cancer Research
In June 2002, The City College of New York (CCNY) and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) established a partnership based on mutual cancer research and training objectives. The partnership is funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The primary goals of our partnership focus on research, outreach, and education.
We are seeking a Research Project Associate to lead data management efforts and provide assistance with monitoring project progress, tracking project endpoints and publication write-up. In this role, you will work with the U54 Principal Investigators, Program Managers, Partnership Faculty, Program Steering Committee members, and among others. If you are an organized research professional with strong project management skills and passion for health disparities research, apply today!
- Manage ongoing and new Partnership Core(s) project databases and create processes to ensure that goals are met.
- Create and maintain REDCap databases for Partnership deliverables, research and outreach projects, including pulling data upon investigator request(s)
- Conduct fidelity/protocol compliance audits and QA of the databases, and will be responsible for regular review, and overall data quality, of various operational and programmatic data sets, working with teams to resolve errors in data
- Compile and analyze data for abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Compile and analyze data on cancer disparities to assist in the development of targeted program areas
- Analyze existing data sources and data flow for program managment
- Serve as the primary contact for all levels of staff regarding data administration matters as they relate to the databases
- Generate reports to all necessary parties on the progress of Partnership deliverables, research projects, databases, or protocols.
- Meet with program staff to identify data needs and support in the creation of trackers/dashboards, and analytical tools as needed
- Communicate results to non-statistical audiences using data visualization
- Adept at database design concepts, data integrity and understanding the benefits and limits to various types of databases-including PC and online databases.
- Able to execute short term and long tern planning for database project needs and to decide how to efficiently store and analyze various types of data
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- An effective communicator, willing to explore creative approaches to using data and capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics or relevant quantitative field with two years of data management and clinical researchexperience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge and direct experience with REDCap
- Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, R or other statistical analysis software
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in working in community based participatory research and health disparities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and editorial skills.
- A strong ability and understanding on how to collect, analyze, interpret and prepare data for presentation (i.e., written, tabular and graphical formats).
- Strong organizational skills
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.