Biomedical Equipment Technician - Main Campus
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Biomedical Equipment Technician, Main Campus
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet dedications with a keen eye for detail
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many diverse backgrounds and temperament
- Work in a time-convenient and high-pressure scenarios – troubleshooting with medical equipment quickly and efficiently (Not looking for a Researcher to dissect a product, just locate the problem immediately and communicate it to the right contact).
- Assure proper operation, interconnection, and maintenance of OR equipment; troubleshoots equipment problems intraoperative and as needed; arrange repairs and equipment exchange and distribution.
- Maintain equipment and accessories in optimal condition; aligns with all hospital policies to assure a safe, code-compliant perioperative environment.
- Direct and assist in the setup of OR equipment including endoscopic video systems, recording devices, monitors, surgical robotics, electrosurgery, insufflation equipment, etc..
- Identify and schedule equipment for periodic maintenance as required.
- Coordinate equipment availability for inspection and maintenance with Clinical Engineering.
- Respond dedicatedly and troubleshoot all equipment systems both off-line and intraoperatively, is available for immediate consultation should problems arise.
- Report all problems, inputs from other departments, hazards and safety suggestions to supervisors as they occur.
- Arrange for equipment exchanges and spares; maintains a supply of backup cables and accessories for all systems as needed, contacts vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Maintain equipment purchase, maintenance and reference files, capital equipment inventory and on-line databases, and assists with equipment audits as requested.
- Craft documentation of setup and troubleshooting procedures for each equipment system.
- Partner with Clinical Engineering for the inspection of new OR equipment being evaluated prior to first use; logs new devices/equipment into computer database.
- Report all equipment problems, repairs, maintenance and exchange of equipment in the computer system.
- Assist in maintaining current operating manuals, technical literature, and documentation for all OR equipment systems.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for replacement parts, repairs, and maintenance as needed.
- AAS degree in Surgical Technology, Electronic Technology, instrumentation of electromechanical systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Bioengineering (preferred)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in industrial or hospital environment.
- Knowledge of video systems, cameras, fiber optics, light sources, computer-controlled instrumentation, robotics, and system troubleshooting techniques.
- Fulltime hours: 12:00pm to 8:00pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.