Quality Management Nurse - Bone Marrow Transplant
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Other
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Quality Management Nurse RN (BSN), Bone Marrow Transplant
Nursing Quality Management provides direction and guidance to the Department of Nursing in its continual strive towards a high reliability organization. Nursing Quality Management takes the lead in key nursing initiatives, including the implementation and enculturation of our professional practice model, Relationship Based Care, and supporting our institutional pursuit in maintaining Magnet Status.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- In a multidisciplinary environment, function as professional nurse supporting institutional and department quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in nursing care
- As a member of Nursing Quality Management team, partner with front line nursing staff, Nurse Leadership, Infection Control, the Department of Quality and Safety and other ancillary departments that collaborate in providing nursing care to monitor, analyze and report Nurse Sensitive Indicators; facilitate patient safety and performance improvement to ensure quality patient care outcomes across the patient care continuum.
- Collaborate with and support nursing staff on quality initiatives across the continuum including the expanding outpatient and regional network.
- Support the Department of Nursing's pursuit of Magnet and Hospital re-accreditation processes, including Joint Commission and Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- New York State RN license and BSN
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing, quality or regulatory experience required
- Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) experience is required
- 2-5 years of oncology experience highly preferred
- Related national certification required
- Strong computer knowledge highly preferred
Flexible schedule, 8 or 10 hours day shift
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support | N-Care nursing matrix career ladder
Please note- this is not a management role
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.