Pharmacy Technician, Lead
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Ketting Cancer Center is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician, Lead for our Main Campus location.
- Able to handle and manage crises effectively.
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Able to follow through on commitments and act with a clear sense of ownership.
- Resourceful and make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Assists in the scheduling of both Materials Management and Narcotic Pharmacy Staff
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting Main Pharmacy automation equipment and is the point of contact for any vendors who needs to come in for repairs
- Administrator/Super User of Pharmacy System including but not limited to: Omnicell, ConnectRx (Robot), RxWorksPro, KitCheck (RFID Code Drug Tray)
- Provide staffing coverage for Materials Management, Narcotic and Receiving Staff (if needed)
- Coordinates and organizes the monthly returns of expired medication with our reverse distributor (Pharmalogistics)
- Catalogs and coordinates the long term storage and retrieval of all Main Campus Pharmacy Documents
- Responsible for the stocking and ordering of miscellaneous non-drug supplies/materials for Main Campus Pharmacy Satellites (i.e. office supplies, pharmacy labels, etc.)
- Assist in Departmental Projects
- Complete annual competency assessments.
- Demonstrate proficiency with appropriate pharmacy equipment, systems, and technology.
- Adhere to State and Federal regulations and Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED with 2+ years of clinic/hospital experience preferred.
- PTCB or NHA Technician Certification (CPhT) required.
- Omnicell and Inventory Management experience is preferred.
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.