Director, IT Strategic Sourcing
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At MSK, we are on a multi-year journey to transform all aspects of the cancer care industry – research, clinical care, and education. We are driving forward with innovative ideas and the development of leading-edge digital offerings. To support this effort, we are seeking an experienced, passionate, and createive Supply Chain Leader to join us as Director, IT Strategic Sourcing, in our Digital Informatics & Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization.
Your role will be crucial in developing and implementing supply chain strategies for all IT products and services utilized throughout MSK. This is a significant responsibility which includes up to and over $250m+ in annual expenditures across 250+ suppliers. In addition to building the IT Strategic Sourcing organization, you will develop the Vendor Lifecycle Management processes and oversee the IT Contracts function.
You will interface and influence key internal DigITs technology stakeholders as well as external stakeholders such as the corporate procurement team, the Office of General Counsel, the Compliance and Privacy office. You'll be expected to operationalize people, processes and technology to ensure that the IT Supply Chain delivers target-established bottom line annual savings, reduces risk, and ensure high quality and efficient metrics driven operation. This position reports to the VP and Chief of Staff and will have 6-8 direct and indirect reports.
- Build and manage a highly-functional and effective IT Strategic Sourcing organization.
- Establish, develop, and manage the IT Vendor Lifecycle Management process.
- Collaborate with DigITs senior leadership to define, implement and manage an annual sourcing plan that results in target-established annual savings.
- Partner with Corporate Supply Chain to align on go-to-market strategies, common metrics for tracking savings, and cross-organizational initiatives.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities via comprehensive spend analysis, expiring contracts, and business planning sessions with stakeholders.
- Monitor existing vendors for performance, contract compliance, and transparency throughout the relationship.
- Develop vendor score cards.
- Lead/coordinate quarterly business reviews with Key Strategic Vendors.
- Establish strategies to ensure MSK is a customer of choice for Key Strategic Vendors and establishes a deep, mutually benefiting relationship. Work with business stakeholders to ensure strategies get implemented.
- Lead complex supplier negotiations of significant value/importance, including working with internal clients to develop strategies for negotiating business and technical terms and conditions.
- Ensure that IT contracts are clear, correct, comprehensive, and represent MSK’s interests. Escalate complex legal issues to attorneys and assist in resolution.
- Ensure that vendor risk is appropriately managed.
- Manage the IT contract lifecycle within the Vendor Lifecycle Management framework.
- Hire, orient, train, mentor, coach, and handle staff performance evaluations.
Our ideal candidate has:
- MBA or Master's in Supply Chain preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a role requiring strategic and operational focus on strategic sourcing
- 5+ years of direct technology sourcing experience
- Direct experience in customer relationship management and/or supplier relationship management within the health care industry.
- Progressive team leadership exposure throughout career
- Knowledge of SAFe or agile methodologies a bonus
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.