Financial and Research Analysis Specialist
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Finance
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Financial Planning Department at MSK is seeking a Financial and Research Analysis Specialist to join their growing team.
As the Financial and Research Analysis Specialist, you will:
- Be responsible for supporting three key Financial Planning functions including the annual Operating & Capital Budget, the Cash Flow Model, and Inter-corporate cost allocations.
- Provide support and guidance to Strata stakeholders across the enterprise during the Budget development period, provide supporting analytics to the Cash Flow Model and help build and maintain inter-corporate cost allocations used extensively in the audit of the Financial Statements, Indirect Cost Proposal, and Medicare and NY State cost reports.
- Work closely with the Senior V.P. Financial Planning, Director – Cost & Budgets, and key budget stakeholders across the Center and Hospital divisions.
- Provide a vast amount of support to the Strata Systems Group including providing coverage to the Help Desk during the time the budget tool is available to clinical and administrative stakeholders.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed on a number of special projects and inquiries from the Executive Leadership teams across the enterprise.
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to operate optimally, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not.
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years working in a similar position/environment, or at least 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft applications (Access and Excel).
- 1-3 years of Strata & IBM TM1 experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Corporate allocation experience essential.
Please note: Candidates seeking an accounting-related position should consider other opportunities.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.