Application Analyst, CRIT (Medidata)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptClinical Research Informatics and Technology (CRIT)
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Research Informatics and Technology team is hiring for an Application Analyst that will work in conjunction with the Principal Application Analyst, CRIT for institutional wide clinical research projects and work closely with the Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) related to the management of Medidata Rave software.
The Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) was initiated in 2005 by the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) and the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP) in response to critically unmet needs in prostate cancer clinical research identified by physician investigators and patient advocates. Incubated within Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) and in 2014 established as an independent entity – the PCCTC, LLC – it is now the nation’s premier multicenter Clinical Research Organization (CRO) specializing in cutting-edge prostate cancer research. The PCCTC works together with distinguished investigators on a single mission: to design, implement and complete hypothesis-driven early phase trials in prostate cancer, translating scientific discoveries to improved standards of care. To fulfill its mission, the PCCTC developed a unique infrastructure, which has fostered a culture of transparent project co-development between investigators, research sites and industry partners.
- Familiar with Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system management.
- Interested in the design of data collection instruments, edit checks, data capture, management and reporting of clinical research data
- A natural problem solver that will take the initiative to research various methods for project planning and implementation.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations followed throughout the course of a research project, database, or protocol.
- Driven to learn how to independently develop project plans, gather requirements and perform the associated project management related to each study.
- Be responsible for working on multiple project tasks in support of the requirements, solution design, implementation, and maintenance of electronic case report forms (eCRFs) and edit check solutions
- Convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop and coordinate tests scripts, testing activities, test plan and reports for database quality validation and/or user acceptance testing to ensure accurate database structure and appropriate data collected.
- Act as technical liaison with project team members and clinical data managers to assist with the technical aspects of project delivery.
- Assist in problem solving including testing, troubleshooting techniques and issue resolution. Serve as an escalation point and subject matter expert in complex problem solving and resolution
- Produce database objects that conform to application or industry standards (i.e., security, naming conventions, etc).
- Determine the criticality (e.g., degree to which department function or number of users involved) of production problem; responds immediately when critical. Keeps users, management, and sponsor up-to-date on status of problem and resolution
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience (1 year with a Master’s Degree) or other applicable research investigation.
- Medidata Rave is experience is preferred in lieu of clinical research experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts& Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a greatfit & apply -> Talent Acquisitioncontacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> postinterview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.