Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) -Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Nights
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAdvanced Practice Provider
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) team at MSK is comprised of over 800 Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, comprehensive cancer care.
It’s the expertise, creativity, dedication, and generosity of spirit of the people of MSK at the heart of our success! We are proud recipients of ANCC Magnet Recognition and the CHLM Employer of Excellence Award, and we remain committed to delivering outstanding evidence-based cancer care while offering opportunities for our staff to continue to develop and grow.
Are you ready to join a collaborative team and make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families?
- Able to work optimally in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- An effective communicator comfortable interacting with a diverse team and patient population
- Collaborate with physicians and team members to deliver outstanding cancer care for our ICU patients
- Ensure the delivery of quality care and cultivate an environment that centers around the needs of our patients and their families
- Serve as a clinical authority and resource providing education and consultation to healthcare team members
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, implementation of patient education, and clinical support programs
- Master’s in Nursing or degree from an accredited PA program
- New York State (NYS) RN & NP licenses or NYS PA license (active or eligible to apply)
- Related National NP certification or PA certification
- 2+ years of related clinical experience. Previous ICU, Critical Care, or experience treating high acuity patients highly preferred
- BLS certification and DEA Certificate
Hours: Full-time, 7PM - 7:30 AM with rotating holidays and weekends
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.