Integrated Genomics Operation Project Manager
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Laboratory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Integrated Genomics Operation (IGO) is a LEAN laboratory providing a broad range of genomic services and expertise to MSKCC investigators interested in evaluating gene expression, chromosome structure, and nucleotide sequence at a wide genome scale. It is focused on delivering a comprehensive, rapid and user-friendly service. By providing access to an array of highly specialized next generation sequencing systems, IGO is enabling basic, clinical and translation research projects across the Cancer Center.
We are currently seeking a Research Project Manager to join our team. The candidate will work closely with MSKCC investigators to facilitate and enhance the processing of their projects in IGO. Commitment to accuracy, high attention-to-detail, and ability to work independently are critical competencies for the role.
- Guide and counsel scientists at MSKCC and elsewhere to align processing plans with biological hypothesis
- Communicate with investigators from the inception of their project and through its completion, by providing updates on sample attrition and coordinating downstream efforts.
- Interact with operations manager and group leaders in IGO to optimize the transfer of metadata and information from sample receiving to sequencing.
- Work with various bioinformatics groups across the center to facilitate the transformation of sequencing data into biological knowledge and discovery.
- Collaborate with the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) projects managers to coordinate and not duplicate efforts.
- An enthusiastic researcher, organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work as an individual while part of a large team.
- Someone who can handle a very fast paced environment and the pressure associated with deadlines.
- An outstanding communicator.
- Able to solve problems by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological, Chemistry, or Science related field with at least 5 years of relevant full-time experience or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years full-time relevant experience.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and high throughput genomics
- Previous exposure to Next Generation Sequencing work is a must.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills#L
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.