Patient Access Nurse Coordinator, Senior, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Case Management
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Patient Access Nurse Coordinator to join our team. The Patient Access Service Team maximizes access for new/potential patients to MSK by using oncology expertise and critical thinking skills to provide appropriate resolution of all calls/requests to assure quality referrals and appropriate, timely appointments The Patient Access Nurse Coordinator will be working with MSK Direct program. Also PAS Coordinator serves as the clinical resource for the Care Advisors who work with patients to assure quality referrals and appropriate, timely appointments.
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of clinical oncologic diagnoses that include liquid and solid tumor management.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Effective at building formal and informal networks inside and outside the organization to further departmental and institutional goals.
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
- Skilled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective at teaching and mentoring staff.
- Passionate about patient advocacy and patient-centered care.
- Ensure ease of patient access, quality service, and seamless delivery of care in accordance with the MSK brand.
- Serve as the clinical expert and nurse consultant to facilitate departmental/institutional initiatives and implementation of new workflows and tools to improve operations and access.
- Collaborate with the Access Leadership team to improve overall long-term effectiveness of the Patient Access Service and support and maintain the clinical integrity of the department.
- Advocate on patients’ behalf serving as expert problem-solver with and for patients, caregivers, and their care teams to anticipate potential issues, remove obstacles, and ensure expectations are met expeditiously.
- Serve as a clinical resource to our care advisor team, providing expert clinical advice, oversight, and ongoing training, across disease groups.
- Document pertinent clinical information from calls, interactions, and clinical reviews succinctly to ensure clarity and continuity for patients.
- New York State RN license
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) required with a related master’s degree (preferred)
- Current national nursing certification (i.e.OCN)
- 4-7 years of clinical nursing experience in Oncology
- Experience working with Oncology patients as Disease Navigator or Case Manager will be considered
- 10-hour shifts, Monday - Friday. Day off during the week may vary.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.