Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Patient Financial Services, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Case Management
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- Facilitators of patient access to medical care.
- Facilitate patient access to care and drawing upon Oncology nursing knowledge and an understanding of complex insurance landscapes.
- Review an assigned caseload of oncologic and/or non-oncologic treatment plans requiring insurance authorization.
- Utilize clinical nursing expertise to evaluate treatment orders.
- Oversee the financial clearance of treatment plans for an assigned caseload of patients.
- Collaborate with clinical teams throughout the institution to collect supporting documentation.
- Responsible for timely submission of requests and thorough follow-up.
- Facilitate appeals process and peer to peer discussions.
- Develop and foster relationships with multiple key stakeholders including patients, clinical teams, and administration- providing information and education regarding the intersection of clinical treatment plans with insurance and regulatory processes.
- Provide compassionate and knowledgeable customer service to all key stakeholders.
- Provide RN assignment coverage as needed.
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration
- BSN required
- 4-7 years of clinical experience including Oncology
- Experience in Bone Marrow Transplant or Hematology preferred
- Managed care/UR/CM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills essential
- Strong decision-making and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern health insurance coverage
- Knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) or CCM (Certified Case Manager) preferred.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (Able to telecommuting following successful completion of six month on-site orientation )
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.