Software Engineer - .NET
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Other
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Biomedical Engineering team, a part of the Medical Physics division. We are looking for an integration Software Engineer with .Net development experience to build software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework.
- A good collaborator and work well in a team environment. Seek new challenges and learn whatever new technology is necessary to accomplish the task
- Use expert technical knowledge to develop new integrated applications and support existing systems and databases following industry standards and standard methodologies.
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, test, implement and maintain web-based applications and databases for engineering, research and administrative needs.
- Interface and integrate applications and/or databases with other institutional and departmental systems. Lead assigned project tasks and/or applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years of experience in web-based, application development and database programming. Master’s degree and 2-4 years of experience.
- Strong C#/.NET experience (incl. Object Oriented Programming, WebAPI, MVC, Entity Framework)
- Strong database experience (mainly SQL Server)
- Web API development experience or architecture
- Detailed understanding and experience of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Experience with Agile development
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate code and follow development standard methodologies
- Dedication to continuous improvement around coding standards, code organization, and Object-Oriented development Experience in MS Visual Studio and Visual Studio debugging environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps (TFS), Tableau will help.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.