LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Finance
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Patient Financial Services Counselor. The PFS Counselor will evaluate patient’s ability to pay their hospital and physician balances by requesting and analyzing financial data provided by the patients. They will determine eligibility for Medicaid, as well as MSK’s Financial Assistance Program. The counselor will prepare and submit NYC Medicaid applications on behalf of New York City residents and educate non-New York City patients applying for Medicaid.
- Review all referral forms and determine the appropriate assistance program for which they may qualify in absence of supervisor
- Review and analyze all financial documents provided by guarantor or designee to determine if patient will qualify for MSK’s Financial Assistance Program
- Follow departmental and program policies and procedures
- Educate guarantors about Medicaid application process and actions to take if Medicaid is denied
- Review and analyze all financial documents provided by guarantor or designee to prepare Medicaid application for New York City residents, following departmental policies and procedures and Medicaid program requirements
- Code accounts to indicate status according to departmental procedures
- Enter smart cards and referral messages in the Patient Accounts system according to departmental guidelines
- Collect statistics for operational purposes and send packages to scanning
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years in patient accounts or physician billing
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak with patients who may be under medical and financial duress at the time of the interaction
- Superior organizational skills #LIPOST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.