Group Lead, Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Patient Financial Services, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Case Management
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- Work closely with newly hired members of Patient Financial Nursing team by organizing and delivering training regarding insurance authorization processes.
- Coordinate and provide ongoing education for existing PFS nursing staff.
- Analyze and implement strategies to monitor and communicate internal workflow and system changes, as well as changes occurring externally at insurance carriers.
- Audit documentation of the PFS Nursing team
- Maintain database of PFS RN specific training materials.
- Serve as a resource regarding procedural questions from staff.
- Troubleshoot challenging insurance authorization processes.
- Foster strong working relationships with clinical teams and with other PFS teams.
- Address questions from clinical teams, patients, and PFS colleagues.
- Provide education to clinical colleagues about PFS insurance authorization processes.
- Audit RN documentation and apprise management of trends.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data pertinent to PFS nursing team productivity and referrals.
- Provide RN assignment coverage as needed.
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration
- BSN required
- 4-7 years of clinical experience including Oncology and managed care experience
- Managed care/UR/CM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills essential
- Strong decision-making and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern health insurance coverage
- Knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) or CCM (Certified Case Manager) preferred
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.