API / Kronos Administrator
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Digital Solutions department at MSK is seeking an individual with strong communication skills and technical competencies for the position of API Technical Administrator Developer in the Business Systems Group. Under the direction and guidance of the IS Manager, this position will maintain the systems components during the time and attendance implementation and oversee production maintenance.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, flexible, and user-focused developer to bring energy, creativity, and expertise to our team. The position develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents new software or enhancements to existing software and typically works with staff from the functional and technical teams, as well as our new time and attendance system vendor, API Healthcare.
You will have the opportunity to work with various modules within, and integrated with the API Healthcare System, and to plan, coordinate, and lead assigned projects.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years experience in Information Systems, Healthcare preferred
- Experience with Time and Attendance systems in a similar role: API Healthcare Application experience preferred, however we will consider candidates with Kronos experience as well
- Proficiency in SQL and MS Report Writer
- Expertise in programming with MS SQL Server
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with project planning tools will be a plus
- Experience in web or cloud-based applications is highly preferred
- Experience working in a team setting, as well as independently
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.