API Software Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about technology and playing a key role in redefining the future of cancer care?
Join MSK’s API Platform team as we meet the challenge of cancer care as it defines a new model of care in the digital age. The API Platform team will enable our toolmakers to meet this challenge.
The candidate will be manage our day to day operations of the API Platform which includes API Connect, App Connect and KAFKA Event Streams.
The candidate should also have a good understanding of API Lifecycle management as we take it from design, creation, management, versioning, deprecation and retirement.
The API Platform Engineer will help enable MSK to execute on its vision for leading cancer care in the new digital age. Are you up for the challenge?
What you'll do:
- Install, maintain and support the API Management Platform which include IBM API Connect, IBM App Connect, KAFKA Event Stream in multi-cloud environment.
- Develop and document test plans for the Kubernetes and/or OpenShift infrastructure
- Create automation scripts for promotion of APIs as it moves from Dev, Stage, QA and Production.
- Build and publish APIs using IBM API Connect and design the logical topologies that include catalogues, spaces, plans and products.
- Collaborates in an agile team with API Developers, Architects and Engineers.
Who you are:
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration in a large-scale environment with advanced skills in bash and/or python scripting.
- Experience with tools such as Ansible Tower and Ansible playbook creation. Experience with application build automation with tools like Jenkins and Git.
- Well-versed in API Security and different authentication models including SAML, OAuth 2.0 & OIDC.
- Hands on experience with XML, YAML, XSLT, JSON and Swagger Definition files.
- Experience in AWS or Azure Cloud development & deployment models and architecture with CI/CD exposure.
- Experience using different scripting languages and comfortable working in both Linux & Windows OS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, work/life balance and personal well-being to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview if your profile aligns and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 45 min online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.